1928 April 29th is the most memorable day for us. With the paternal blessings and leadership of Msgr. Augustine Kandathil , the Arch Bishop of Ernakulam Diocese, a branch of Clarist Congregation was planted at Angamaly and thus Sacred Heart Province Ernakulam, originated. Rev. Mothers Mariam Thresia, Kochuthresia, Clara and MariaAgnes were the founding mothers. Under the leadership of Mother Mariam Thresia many branches were started and within a short time the Clarist congregation spread its wings in many parishes of the Archdiocese of Ernakulam.
In 1962, Ernakulam FCC became two Provinces- S.H.Province Ernakulam and Vimala Province Kothamangalam under one Mother General. Mother Xavier was the first Mother General. In 1992 the first mission station was started at Bhopal.
At present S.H. Province Ernakulam has 783 members in 60 houses. Sisters are serving in Kerala, Delhi, Bangalore, Tripura, Kenya, Germany and Italy and spread the Gospel message in Schools, Hospitals, Colleges, Special Schools, Nursery Schools, Baby Creshes, Press, Balika bhavans, old-age Homes, Rehabilitation centers for the mentally challenged, Family Apostolate, Councilling centres etc.